Saturday, October 30, 2021

Blog Post #8 - Antiwar

After watching the video in class, it was really impactful to see the effects of war. This video was really hard to watch and even had me looking away from the screen a couple times. This video was not only tragic to see innocent people's lives being lost so fast, but it was also very gory to watch. Before I say anything else, I do want to mention that I am not the type of person to involve myself in learning about war. Some might ask themselves, why is this? It is because I find that war is a sad and tragic topic. It's hard not to hear about war that goes on in our world today. I wish our world can be at peace one day. At the same time, I do find war to be a topic that can bring interest to many people, especially with war that happens today all over the world. Watching this video during class was very eye opening to me and made me realize that I should involve my learning more in war that takes place in our world.


After looking through the antiwar.com website and reading through different articles, this was probably the most informed I have been on war related content that I have seen in a lifetime. I found this website to be a little overwhelming to look at just because there are links to click on for everything. There are articles on everything with the latest news, highlights, breaking news and viewpoints. Just like the video we watched in class, there were things on the website that I did not want to see. This antiwar website is not popular, due to content like this that is posted. I personally didn't even know a website like this existed. I do believe that learning about war around the world can be informative for others and help keep people up to date on what is happening around us when we might not even know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EOTO #2

Mainstream Media  For the second presentation term part, my group was labeled as the mediasphere. Each of us focused on the different types ...